Case Study: A Swiss success story - Dextra
The challenge: Legal protection for all
Switzerland’s solid and continuously growing legal insurance segment is served by a small number of firmly established market players with a corporate background. Dextra Rechtsschutz AG was founded in 2012 by a four-person team of legal protection experts with many years of professional experience. In order to secure an independent position in the Swiss market, the company was privately financed.
The team’s objective in founding the company was to offer high-performance legal protection products with an attractive price model to private individuals, companies and small businesses. Insurance processes were to feature disruptive digitalization measures and were to be adapted to the needs of today’s customers.
The result has been a guarantee for success
Dextra Rechtsschutz AG and sum.cumo have collaboratively established a new online platform that provides uniquely tailored access points to interested parties, existing customers, intermediaries, associations and claims partners. Thanks to seamless integration with the company’s administration software, the operation of each of the platform’s access points is almost entirely digital. In addition to technological and procedural development, sum.cumo is also responsible for Dextra’s online marketing and brand development.
Onward and upward!
The success story continues. In early 2018, Dextra assumed responsibility for processing legal-expense claims for Groupe Mutuel, Switzerland’s second-largest health insurer. Customers either report their claims via the Dextra website or receive online advice. The entire follow-up process can be handled 100% digitally within a specially developed online claims portal. As the company’s strategic and technology-related partners, sum.cumo is providing a completely newly designed claims system for this purpose. The system’s fundamental architecture is open-source and based on the sum.cumo Insurance Platform (SCIP). In doing so, sum.cumo has created an innovative claims system by linking SCIP’s inventory of insurance processes to the customer-specific application.
- The company’s leading position in the legal protection market has been unequivocally affirmed by the findings of consumer protection agencies and independent testing institutes
- Dextra now conducts over 50% of its business through its online platform
- Over 900 certified brokers use the portal for quick and easy pricing, quotes and contracts for their customers
- Test-winner in legal protection (Kassensturz)
- Test-winner in condominium ownership coverage (K-Geld)
- Top rating for tax-law coverage (K-Geld)
- Excellent rating from K-Tipp lawyers
- Dextra Rechtsschutz AG’s search placement has been its segment’s most successful Google placement campaign in Switzerland